April 13, 2017
Here are 9 great reasons why your next vacation destination should be Switzerland!
- Gorgeous Landscape – Switzerland’s landscape is truly alluring, the Swiss alps are great for skiing and hiking. The views of the alps are amazing from any town you visit, just like a painting. Everywhere we went there were very scenic mountains and beautiful lakes. 2. Language and people – The Swiss were very nice and friendly. Anytime we needed help with directions, they were very helpful. Everywhere we went in Switzerland we heard other languages, German, Italian, French, but everyone also spoke English, it was very comforting.
3. Public Transportation – We took trains everywhere in Switzerland and we were very impressed by how clean, easy to use, good looking, and always on time they were! We’ll do it again!When taking the trains in Switzerland, please put the phone down and enjoy the views! We had gorgeous views!
4. A variety of cultures – besides all the languages you hear you will find an amazing variety of restaurants.
5. The Swiss Travel Pass – Get one! Especially if you are planning on seeing most of the country by train. This was the best decision we made. We traveled by trains everywhere using the Swiss Travel Pass and it was very efficient. With the Swiss Travel Pass, you can just show up at the station and hop-on and hop-off. No need to buy a ticket every time. If you need a train schedule you can stop by the counter and they’ll print one for you, on it, you’ll be able to see if you need to change trains, where and how long you have to do it. The stations are very organized we never missed a train. 6.Zurich Airport – Zurich Airport was a real pleasure, small, not busy like I thought it would be. I was expecting “JFK busy” but not at all. The Immigration was done really quick without lines.
7. The quaint villages – I loved how quaint all the towns are, some are a fortress-like, some enchanting with castles.
8.Swiss coffee and chocolate – I had the best coffee in Switzerland, and it was just their regular coffee, not a specialty. Every time we were served a nice cup of joe we got a nice surprise…Swiss chocolate! Avoid Starbucks! It’s very expensive and the coffee isn’t as good as the coffee in your own hotel or small coffee shop. I paid $7 for a bad Starbucks coffee!!!
9.Great Skiing – We went skiing in Zermatt and it was very different from the USA skiing, but it was very exciting and the view is to die for it. Getting that close to the Matterhorn was breathtaking!
We truly fell in love with Switzerland so much so that we are planning our next visit! How about you?
If you have any questions please contact me!
Want to see more beautiful photos of Switzerland? Check out my Instagram!